MIFF Travelling Showcase
Each year, the Melbourne International Film Festival presents the MIFF Travelling Showcase, which hits the road from September to November with a series of weekend programs across regional Victoria.
Screenings in 2018 will feature the MIFF Premiere Fund-supported films Acute Misfortune, The Eulogy, Undermined: Tales from The Kimberley, Undertow and The Coming Back Out Ball Movie, as well as Mark Gentell's Australian comedy about footy and life in the country, The Merger, and American films Juliet, Naked, starring Rose Byrne, Chris O’Dowd and Ethan Hawke, and American Animals, a "wildly entertaining crime caper" (Variety).
MIFF Travelling Showcase screenings will be held in the following locations:
- Belgrave (Cameo Cinemas): 31 August–2 September 2018
- Bairnsdale (Sun Cinema): 7–9 September 2018
- Ballarat (Regent Cinemas): 14–16 September 2018
- Wangaratta (Wangaratta Performing Arts Centre): 21–22 September 2018
- Bendigo (Star Cinema Eaglehawk): 5–6 October 2018
- Geelong (Geelong Performing Arts Centre and The Pivotonian): 12–14 October 2018
- Bright (Cloud 9 Cinema): 19–21 October 2018
- Mansfield (Mansfield Armchair Cinema): 26–28 October 2018
- Mildura (Mildura Arts Centre and Wallis Cinemas Mildura): 9–11 November 2018