MIFF Travelling Showcase
Each year, the Melbourne International Film Festival presents the MIFF Travelling Showcase, which hits the road from September to November with a series of weekend programs across regional Victoria.
Also screened in select locations was Mark Grentell's Australian comedy about footy and life in the country, The Merger, as well as US films Juliet, Naked, starring Rose Byrne, Chris O’Dowd and Ethan Hawke, and American Animals, a "wildly entertaining crime caper" (Variety).
MIFF Travelling Showcase screenings were held in the following locations:
- Belgrave (Cameo Cinemas): 31 August–2 September 2018
- Bairnsdale (Sun Cinema): 7–9 September 2018
- Ballarat (Regent Cinemas): 14–16 September 2018
- Wangaratta (Wangaratta Performing Arts Centre): 21–22 September 2018
- Bendigo (Star Cinema Eaglehawk): 5–6 October 2018
- Geelong (Geelong Performing Arts Centre and The Pivotonian): 12–14 October 2018
- Bright (Cloud 9 Cinema): 19–21 October 2018
- Mansfield (Mansfield Armchair Cinema): 26–28 October 2018
- Mildura (Mildura Arts Centre and Wallis Cinemas Mildura): 9–11 November 2018